Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekend Round Up!

It's now Monday, againnnn! :(

I honestly did a lot and not a lot this weekend. Makes sense right?

Friday I just laid around, did a few errands, spend the evening with my mom shopping (for things I couldn't buy) and had a great dinner! I did make her the deco mess wreath she's been asking for, and I don't think she really likes it. I'll have to post a picture later of it, I don't have one right this minute on here. I dog/ house sat for my Aunt this weekend- who happens to live in the same neighborhood, about 3 blocks from my mom.

Saturday she convinced me to wake up early and go to some yard sales with her, like we use to do. I am so glad I went. I got a new vacuum, that looks barely used for $10! And another egg beater for Michael's mom! That afternoon I headed to the winery for my first Saturday shift! It was, well, eventful. It was also slammed there for a little bit. I was serving 3 parties at once. So I was pretty much forced to know (or figure out) their questions. To be completely truthful, some of the questions I didn't know the answers to so I just made them up. Whatever. Emma, Ashley, and their fiancés came by for a tasting and to look around. It was nice to have them as my last group of the night. I took my time and had a good one. There was one party of 4 that come in, long story, needless to say, after 2 bottles, 19 tastings, and 2 tubs of cheese later, we had to ask them to leave because they were ridiculously loud. Other than that it was great fun! I can't wait to go back this weekend! Then fed the dog, changed, fell asleep for a few minutes, and dinner with Michael back in Nicholasville! We went to a good ol Mexican restaurant called El Portrio, or El Port-a-potty as we called it in high school. I don't know why- that's a bad name for a good place. We played a little corn hole afterwards out with Matt and Emma. They kicked our butt, but in our defense we haven't played yet this year. ;) After a long night at work, dinner, and game playing, we called it a night!!

Sunday was fun of errands and sad news that I won't go into details about. Nothing regarding me personally, but found out some sad news that I ask you to pray on if you don't mind. We had lunch after church with the family, visited with Michael's grandparents, and a house tour of his brother's new house! Too fun. When I go home I always take the back roads- so much more peaceful, beautiful scenery, and quicker! Tonight took about twice as long. I pulled over about 6 times to attempt to catch the sun setting and the lightening bugs glisten about. I joke you not, there were at least 1,000 in one field. It was so magically I got teary eyed. I know that's dumb, but lightening bugs go hand in hand with my childhood memories, so it got my retracing those times. That 45 minute turned 2 hour drive home was the most relaxed I have been in a long time. It was just me, my pandora playing through the speakers of my car, my camera, and nature- the bugs, the barns, and the fields. It was so exciting to me for some reason. I got like 4 decent picture out of the 100+ I took. It was an amazing way the weekend, and end the day.



Not a decent picture but I like it.



I hope you had a great weekend too. Thanks for reading.
:)

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how mesmerizing it was to see all these lightening bugs! And what a lucky duck you are for finding a $10 vacuum! I've been needing to replace mine for a while now! x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.