Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Round UP!

It's the first Monday of summer break and I'm thinking about going on campus to the studio. NO! I must rest.
Friday: As always my weekends start on Friday, how blessed... but not for long. This past Friday I had a job interview at a local winery. My good friend works there part time and told me they were hiring for one position, so I jumped all over it. I went in and I got the job! I'm so excited! I think it's going to be a LOT of fun. I've got to be honest, I don't know much about wine. I know I like it, but that's about it. I told her that too and she just laughed and said no worries! She already asked me to stay past August (when I told her I would be leaving then for school). So we'll see how it goes. It's going to be a long, working summer... 10am-3pm there and 4-11pm at the gym! Gotta make and SAVE that money (I'm determined to save this summer). After that exciting time, I had about 5 1/2 hours to kill until dinner. So I went to my grandparents to visit, met up with Emma to look around and try on a bridesmaid dress, and tried to stay awake! (I was so exhausted from no sleep.) Emma and I met up with Lindsey, her other maid of honor- and my CO MOH, for her roommate for her birthday celebration! Her actual birthday is on Cino di Mayo- how crazy! We caught up, fought for a table, ate and drank, and tried not to gossip too much. It was so nice, but I was seriously about to fall asleep. It was about 9:30 and I headed to Mom's to stay for the night. It was refreshing to just lay there with her and catch up on little stuff (like my recent obsession with kick started the wedding planning.) Anyways, I called it a night about 11- early for me!

Saturday: I woke up bright and early (ok about 9) to help Mom in the bottle garden. We dug up grass for a new garden line, I de-labeled all her bottles, and cleaned out her gutters. See she is creating a bottle 'wall'. Where there are normally stones around your plants, she is putting beer and wine bottles that everyone she knows (even random people) have been recycling for her. It's coming along quite well! After all the messiness I got even messier. I sanded down that cabinet I'm refinishing. I gave up after that. It's a bigger project than I had thought. I headed over to my grandparents to start on some projects! I have about 101 things I want to do, but got 1 1/2 done there this weekend. First was a shutter end table. I got old shutters, took the hinges off and cleaned them up, and made it! I still have to add the glass to the top though. We started working on the window coffee table I'm so excited about. We got the barn wood picked out, measured and cut. We got the bottom picked out, measured and cut, and by that time we realized we measured wrong! It was about 5:30pm, I still had to go let the dogs out I was dog sitting for, and we all (grandparents and mom) had dinner plans at 7pm and I was nasty... so we left it there until next weekend! I did attempt to get some pictures of the Supermoon but then noticed that my camera isn't working right- so that's awesome!

Riding in the trailer.
After!


before....



In progress.
Sunday: We a great old typical Sunday like when I lived at home.. woke up, church, lunch, and a nap- although I didn't get a nap really. After spending over 2 hours in Fazoli's catching up with family, I headed back to Richmond to see Michael on his day off. We watched a depressing movie called Grilly Man, caught up on The Office and Modern Family, and that was about the extent of it!

Busy weekend. Several trips to Lowe's, lots of laughs, and lots of gasoline burned!
Thanks for reading this is you did!
Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Shew I'm so behind on replies! Enjoy YOUR weekend.

      Delete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.