Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Round UP!

I am so sad the weekend is already over. But it was such a great weekend!
FRIDAY:
Michael and I went and got lunch together- a Friday usual. Then went to Lowe's to look around. I could spend forever in there! It started with the paint section to pick out some paint for a cabinet we are going to refinish. We realized that when we get a house and have to redo stuff, it's going to be interesting... color choices, finishes, etc. We spent about an hour in there looking at tile, knobs, light fixtures, kitchen set ups. That evening I headed home and babysat two adorable babes and spent the night at my Mom's. It was so great to see her and talk face-to-face.

SATURDAY:
I woke up early to spend some time with my Mom before she went out of town for the day. I got started on taking the doors, hinges, and handles off the cabinet (it's currently in her garage). This cabinet is not that big. I seriously took me over 2 hours to get them all of. Whoever painted it before painted over the hinges so it was a little difficult! It's going to take a lot my sanding the I thought too. Usually I don't like to mess with old things.. I like to keep the oldness to them, but this one isn't a good one. It was a little crappy- with a lot of character! After giving up for the day I met up with some old friends for a lunch and a little shopping. We went to a new Peddler's Mall in town- that is 3 stories! I got a new jar and rolling pin! It took 2 hours to walk threw and we were power walking! After an exhausting morning and afternoon I went back to Mom's to get ready for a double date! Surprisingly my bff's fiance and my boyfriend have never really hung out. They've met but in large groups. We went to Mike's parents/ grandparents farm for the boys to talk tractors, farms, and trucks. Yes really. Well, Michael's dad did most of the talking. Michael grew up and worked on the farm, and Matt (Emma's fiance) works on one now. We went out for Mexican. What an adventure... our service was awful, they brought Emma's food out about 10 minutes after ours, mine was wrong, Emma couldn't get what she wanted- it was a mess, but the boys liked theirs and it was still fun! After debating between ice cream and bowling we went bowling. I lost- end of story. Just kidding! It was so fun!! Here's some pics!
The cabinet.

The color options.
Bowling scores... Michael, Me, Emma, Matt.


SUNDAY/ EARTH DAY:
Slept in! Yes! Michael had ALL weekend, including Friday off, so we wanted to make the best of it. We decided to go hiking! We have both gone a lot but never together- how odd. So we tried out a park that we haven't been to before and had a blast. It was sooo cold today. I thought it would warm up so I wore shorts- bad idea. I seriously couldn't feel my thighs for like an hour after we left. We decided to take the trail over looking the Kentucky River. It was so peaceful and relaxing. A trail down and hike up! Man oh man did I get some cardio in! We have been talking about going for a while now so it was great to finally do it. We decided we are going to try to do it a lot more often now, like every other week. After thawing out and changing clothes, we met up with some friends for dinner- for Mexican again! After dinner I took a nap, watching some movies, and called it a night!

Kentucky River. Nice and green.




Enjoy your week everyone! I'm going to do my best to post this week still, but it is dead week and I a ton of stuff.

4 comments:

  1. My hubs and I spent Earth day going for a walk on the beach and it was pretty cold here as well! And we thawed with Mexican, too, because who doesn't love Mexican? :)
    Good luck with the end of your school semester!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so chilly here.. And Mexican two days in a row was nice though. ;) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that cabinet!! I have a dresser that is painted that aqua color and and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Sounds like you had an amazing weekend!

    Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady. It was my great uncle's and just sitting there for years after his passing. I can't wait to fix it up and make it new again! I'll be doing a post on it for sure once it's done!
      Thanks for reading!
      Great week to you too!

      Delete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.