Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Round UP & Engagement Talk!

So I missed Friday's post. I made it on my phone and forgot to publish it! BOO!
Let me fill you in on this weekend's GREAT events!

Friday I had lunch with Mom and Michael (never happens!) and did a little shopping! Ok, A LOT! Old Navy had the BEST sale EVER! The clearance was marked down to $2-$10, then 40% off THAT, plus a 20% off coupon I had! Needless to say, I got a ton of stuff... 3 jeans, 2 running/ yoga pants, a wind breaker, a leather jacket, at least 4 tanks, 10 shirts, a pair of shoes, and more crap for about $75. I be making a post strictly on this event! It was awesomeee! Anyways, I ran errands, turned in some job applications, and dinner with Michael's mom turned into a 4 and a half hour conversation about everything under the sun!

Saturday was just as busy!! Lunch and Peddler's Mall date with Emma. We I got so much stuff for her bridal shower, to fill up my car, and pointless crap, but I love it all! I went home and spent some time with my mom gardening and picking up sticks- literally. Hung out with my grandparents on the farm and went threw their barns to remind my grandpa of the stuff I wanted and what I was going to do with it. Meet up with some clients, grocery shopped, and cleaning up some!

One of Mom's peonies starting to bloom!
The blue barrel- for wedding decor. 

Windows I want to make into picture frames. 

Sunday was even busier! I had a birthday party to photograph of a friend's daughter's 5th birthday party. It was wild and fun. I rushed home to make some puppy chow and headed over to our friend's house for a cook out. It was so nice to sit around, talk, and laugh! I've been wanting to see Five Year Engagement so bad, so Michael took me to see it last night after dinner- for the 9:45pm showing! A little late. It was so cute. It was more of a chick flick than I expected, so it didn't keep Michael's interest but did mine. I won't give it away for you, but it's super cute and the ending melted my heart!


Engagement talk!
Yeah, so it's no surprise to my family and friend's that I want to be engaged like yesterday. But I've thought about it a lot over the last several months and I'm okay not being, and us just being the couple that is happy and together- why mess with it ya know? Well I am over that phase now. I'm back to wanting to get married soon again. I had a really great conversation with a friend the other night until about 1am and thinking, I do want this now and should talk to Michael about it again. So that I did. And long story short, we are going to look at rings this weekend- maybe tomorrow. AH! Now I don't want to pick out the ring (he thought I was just going to go show him the one I wanted). I've loved one style for a while now, but it's so popular, and how do you know you like something until you try it on? Anddd long story short, we got in a disagreement the other night about things and he blurbed out that he would be proposing in 'the next couple of months.' He said that after thinking that's what I wanted to hear. I just replied with 'DON'T TELL ME! I don't want to know anything!' He begs to differ, but I'm right. I guess my constant questions and wedding talk makes him think I want all the details. The wedding has been planned for about a year and a half now, it's just forking over the money and making final decisions. I am too excited!

Anyways! It's going to be a great week. Last week of classes and great things happening!

You have a great week too!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Five Year Engagement! Definitely a surprising twist to it, but cute nonetheless! And I totally feel ya about being okay with waiting to be engaged. It'll happen when it happens, and for now, it's good to just enjoy the ride. ;) xo

    Sunshine & Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.