Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday: Things I'm Excited About for Spring

Linking up with Just Peachy for Top 5 Tuesday!




Something you should know about me if you don't- I. Love. Warm. Weather. Fall is my favorite season hands down, but when I start to hear the birds chipper and flowers sprout I get a little gitty inside.

#1: The smell of spring! Like I just said, flowers sprouting and growing send out this amazing fragrant throughout even the most disgusting places. I was walking across campus last week and as cheesy as it is, I got chills. It spelled so nice and FRESH! When I was younger I had a business with my dad mowing people's lawn- 'Daddy's Little Girl Lawn Service' So I love the smell of fresh cut grass especially. Also, during the summer I'd always go to my grandparents, who live on a 7 acre farm and ride along the tractor with my Papa!

#2: The clothing! Last summer I started to really get into shorts. I know what you're probably thinking, 'shorts?' Yes, shorts. I've always been a little self conscience about my body legs. I've got the 'thunder thighs,' along with stretch marks and cellulite. But last summer I started to accept that and who cares! So anyways back to clothing! I love little spring dresses and shirts, but mainly spring TOPS and shoes!




#3: The colors! I am lovingggg the colors this year. I've always loved bright colors and most of the times got looks for wearing neons. Well world, THEY ARE IN NOW! I am so excited to break all on my neon clothes from the closet! I am incorporating TONS of bright colors in my jewelry pieces this semester too and digging it!





Pretty sure I'm getting these this weekend.




#4: Sports! I'm not a HUGE sports fan but I LOVE my Wildcats. It's March Madness season and we are headed to the final four to kick some Cardinal butt! After basketball season, comes baseball season! I grew up on a baseball field watching my sister and dad play. I was the score and book keeper for some seasons. A couple weeks ago I was driving to work with my windows down, passing one of the local high schools baseball fields and I heard that ball ring against the bat- I got chills. Then last week when I was walking to my car leaving campus (which the parking lot is surrounded by 3 baseball fields) I saw about 10 little girls practicing with their dads. I was a little bit of a creeper and watched them. It reminded me of my childhood. I almost asked if I could take a picture of them. 


#5: Wedding season! As a photographer, your business longs for this season. It's the time of love and happiness. It's the most popular season for weddings, engagements, and family pictures. It's the mark of good and warm weather for all kinds of photo shoots. Although I'm not shooting a wedding until Summer technically, other photographers are. So I get to admire and see all their beautiful work! This year, Michael and I have decided to try to go hiking and take little mini trips a lot more. This means LOTS of nature photographs- my favorite taking. I can turn a 2 hour hike into an entire day event with how many times I stop and shoot the roses. ;) 



8 comments:

  1. Loving all the summer clothing! I am def a summer clothes girl!

    PS do you have a photography website? I would love to see it
    PSS It still makes me laugh how much we have in common… jars, photography, ect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am actually in the process this week with updating it with recent shoots. It's on my blog page as- the site.. www.paigehollans.com
      I know, it's pretty crazy. Did you see my post about jars jars jars? I bought 19 this past weekend. :P

      Delete
  2. I love your list! And number 2 makes me extremely happy. Wear what you want! I bet you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do now! :) Thank for reading!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more about the colors and the spring smells (I could do without baseball...sorry! :P).
    Bring on the green grass and bright green pants to go with it!

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its awesome, isn't it! And it's ok- it not for everyone. My boyfriend isn't. Abig baseball fan either.

      Delete
  5. the light-weight,floral clothes are always super adorable this time of year.

    baseball is mt fave sport :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.