Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Top Five Tuesday: Vacations

It's Tuesday and I haven't blogged in 4 days. It's been a busy weekend. But what a better way to come back to my blogging world than to gush over vacations! I was just talking to my bff last night about how I belong on the beach and would rather live there than anywhere else in the world. 

Today I'm linking up with Rachel from Just Peachy for our top 5 favorite vacations! Just to worn you, this post contains a lot of images. A LOT.

1. Caribbean and Netherlands cruise last spring break. We visited St. Maarten, Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, St. Barts, Virgin Gorda. This trip was incredible. My mom actually WON the trip from work, so our airfare, cruise, food, everything (except shopping) was included! I am so extremely blessed that she asked me to go with her! It was a trip of a lifetime and time I will never forget!
The Island of St. Maarten from Sky View
This is our boat. 
The star fish we found on the beach of Virgin Gorda 


The Soggy Dollar bar in Jost Van Dyke

Zip lining in Tortola

The Virgin Gorda Baths

At Cheeseburger in paradise in St. Barts. The place I ate a cheeseburger for the first time in 2 years. It was the most amazing thing ever. 
Sunset in the middle of the ocean. 
2. Hawaii!! In high school my mom and I took a trip to Hawaii! It was a blast! It went by too quickly but it was so much fun. We went to an authentic luau, swan with the dolphins, got henna tattoos, and lived it up. (The date isn't right on these pictures btw)
A mand that was involved in Pearl harbor
Pearl Harbor
This is the only picture I could find of us swimming with the dolphins. 



Sunset.


Luau!
This is where my love of photography really took flight


3. Spring Break: PCB Sophomore year. This trip was so freaking crazy and awesome. Emma and I somehow talked my dad into taking us and also chaperoning 5 other girls at sometimes for a week. Our high school baseball team went down there every year for a tournament and we tagged along. 

The gag before 'going out'





Yes that says 'Paige & Emma BFF'


4. Spring Break:PCB junior year. Yes we went 2 years in a row. This year it was just my dad and friend Kdlee. A good friend of mine since the 3rd grade moved to Georgia that year and him and his friends were going down to PCB for their spring break the weekend we were leaving, so we caught up with them the last few days of our trip. Kdlee and I got SO burnt the first day there it was horrible. We were so stupid and the first day we laid out for 6 hours STRAIGHT! Who does that? Especially the first day and we were pale! I mean the inside of our ears, our armpits, belly buttons- everything. We couldn't sleep, shower, or move. 
We were reallllly cool. 


We thought we were cool.


We had to wear hats (and pants that aren't photographed) because we were in so much pain. 
5. NYC. My sophomore year of high school I was FBLA (future business leaders of America). We went on a 3-4 day trip to New York City. It was so much fun and jammed pack with stuff to do. The night we arrived there we went straight from the airport to Broadway and saw Legally Blonde- it was awesome! We visited the Statue of Liberty, ground zero, Time Square, and so much more. We even did a little shopping and got great purses and jewelry. ;) It was a trip I'll never forget. Ever since then, I have been dying to go back. 
In the airport.

After we visited the MTV store, as you can see. 

A good ol teacher ready the news paper to us. 

On the boat visiting the Statue of Liberty. Also, my new purse. 

Some of the group. 
Looking back at these pictures, I realize just how lucky and blessed I am to have seen so much of the world. There are so many more trips I didn't even mention; California, annual skiing trips, Florida over and over, mini trips to Ohio. I am truly blessed.
Thanks for reading all my gibber gabber and sticking with it. ;)

8 comments:

  1. All of these trips sound like so much fun! Especially the FREE trip! I never win anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my computer is being dumb!
    Thanks, Valerie.
    Nicole, I know right?! There were about 120 people that won it from her work and we were the only ones on the boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh, the wonder years of high school! How I wish these pics would never come out ;P haha! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha PCB was a blast. I didn't go in high school but I went in middle school for a CHURCH retreat.. yea.. crazy. Haha

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Church trip? Whoa haha. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Found your blog through Top 5. :) I definitely feel like I belong on the beach too. All of your pictures look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! They were allll fun!

      Delete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.