Saturday, February 18, 2012

Neapolitan Cupcakes

If you all are Pinterest you may have seen the recipe for Neapolitan cupcakes floating around this Valentine's season. I made them Tuesday for class and they were SO good, all the other photog students raved. Each month Michael's family gets together to celebrate everyone's birthday from that month, and tomorrow is February's. I decided to bake these cupcakes. I know vday is over but they are sooo good, and surprising easy. I changed the recipe a little and gave you all the step-by-step details.
What you'll need:
1 box of your favorite brownies (I recommend not using any that have chocolate chips in them though- it drys your cupcake out)
1 box of strawberry cake
1 tub of icing
sprinkles if desired
cupcake liners
pan
2 bowls
1. Set oven to 350*
2. Make brownie and cake batter and set both aside
2. Line your cupcake pan with the liners. I prefer the liners that are doubled- one paper and one foil- because when you ice them and store them they don't touch and mess up the icing- plus they are cheaper.
4. Add one large spoon full into pan to fill up 1/3 of the way
5. Now add one spoon full of cake batter directly onto the brownie batter to fill the pan to a total of 2/3 of the way full
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Let cupcakes completely cool before icing them.
I put them on a cooling rack, then transfer them to a cookie sheet to pipe and to sprinkle them so the sprinkles don't go everywhere. Vuala!
(Note to self, if you want to sprinkle, ice them and sprinkle directly after THE DAY YOU WANT TO SERVE THEM, because the moisture of the icing will melt the sprinkles and leave them looking a mess.)

2 comments:

  1. those cupcakes look amazing might need to try them out . :)

    I just read your entire blog love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks do much for the kind words! They are delish and so simple. Give them a try.
      I'm glad you like my blog! I'm starting out. Come back for more food and recipes. I cook a lot! :)

      Delete

It makes my day reading your comments. I appreciate your feed back, opinons, and love.
Thank you for reading this crazy, clustered, random little blog of mine.